Update no.2: Venice
Ciao noueva zelanda
Writing this email I am sweating like crazy... Man is it hot.... And it's still early in the morning... It's gonna get even hotter.
Anyway - enough of my sweating descriptions. I'm sure you've had enough of that.
Back in London after a creative and energetic class with Mr. Tom Dennis we crawled our way back to rest up for our flight out of London to Venice that was scheduled the next morning...
Mr. Dennis class involved some great Taekwon-Do specific strength and conditioning drills in a very Polish inspired style. A lot of challenging drills involving intricate footwork to setup solid counters such as switch turning and back kicks. Looking forward to more of the same once we arrive in Polska.
The class had a good pace, very little waiting around with a good aura about it.
We were all a little worse for wear during certain drills trying to impress those around us - I really didn't think the jet-leg would effect us that much but there was more than a few times that I caught fatigued glances of my team-mates that looked the way I felt...
Still, afterwards we were all in very good spirits after dusting out the cobwebs.
So, yesterday we spent pretty much the entire day in transit once again, making our way from bus to train to plane to bus to other bus and finally... to our, get this... Beachfront hotel.
Jealous? Thought so ;)
Sorry I can't load up any photos as of yet I don't have a suitable USB cable but hopefully one of the other guys can suss something out from the material they have got.
We're staying in a spot about 50km from Venice itself on the beach front of Jesolo (pronounced "yea-so-low"). And for your sweat update - I think DJ was scaring more than a few customers when the sweat on his neck was running like a tap during dinner last night - Pizza and Pasta at a local family restaurant.
Today we're just chilling out - still struggling a little to overcome jet-lag vertigo considering last night was the first time we've slept in a proper bed for half a week :D
I guess our accomodation makes up for that though.
Btw - for those who are not aware, our tournament here in Italy was cancelled... We are gutted and were hoping that things would pull through and we would still be able to compete but it didn't work out... We don't know what has happened but it must've been pretty drastic.
All good I guess. From the sounds of the torture stories I've heard we're gonna need everybit of R&R we can get before they grind us into our sparring boots at the ten day Polish training camp...
Tomorrow we will venture into the heart of Venice, which I am really looking forward to and then the following day we may visit one of Europe's biggest water fun parks "Aqualandia" (water land... right?)
Until next time folks - take care and ciao bella / bello from Italia.
Carlo

No comments:
Post a Comment