Friday, July 04, 2008

End of day three‏

Hi guys,

Just finished our afternoon session.

This morning Master jedut took us for a grueling strength and conditioning session that involved high intensity plyometric exercises alternated with stretching and isometric holding of squats etc before moving onto a full hour of power kicking against kicking shields. We went through all sorts of power kicks thrown in creative ways which tested our endurance, power and control... but most of all, our spirit.

All I kept thinking was "Harder! Harder! Keep going... we get a day off tomorrow to hit Prague!" ;) No not really *cough* I was actually completed motivated and wouldn't have saved any energy if I knew we were still training the next day too... Not.

Some of us are struggling a little with minor injuries / niggles but nothing too major yet. A few people with some joint pain and sore feet mostly.

The afternoon session was at a more leisurely pace - by this camp's standards at least so i left us spent but still able to walk.
It is easy to warmup here with the wide variety of games and interesting exercises rather than slog it out with the same old star jumps or joggin around the hall... ZZZZ.

After the high pace warmup we geared up for work on our hands for sparring with several point sparring scenarios in which each partner had to take on a specific role and come out with the first point. This was great fun and involved a rotation around the hall that let us work out with those who we hadn't had the chance to train with yet.

But don't think we got off that easily... Master Jedut finished with a "fun" pyramid of jumping punches (four per jump) for five continuous jumps followed by 10 push-ups, followed by four jumping punch sets of five, followed by 9 push-ups... you get the point. I haven't felt so weak as when we got to the last 2 and 1 push-ups which he made three finger and two finger push-ups... I could barely move as it was.

Just come back from that session now. To my left on the next two computers (there are only three here so NZ is kinda hogging cyberspace) are DJ and Luke. Fondly known around these parts as the "Jugger-brothers".
I wouldn't wanna sit in these chairs after us either. We all look like we've come out of a pool. Of sweat.

Well, I think that is pretty much it. I think I will spend my last ounce of strength on some patterns consultancy tonight with Master jedut if I get the chance to work with him.
Trotts was up chatting with the Irish micro Luke last night and Master Jedut walked in the door (at 1am).

Master Jedut: "Oh, hey! You have been waiting to do some training yes? Come on - let's go..."

Trotts: "Uh. No, no you need your rest sir..." (good cover Trottbot)

I should mention this is all after his Slovakian trip that I mentioned in yesterday's update...only he got lost two times on the way there and two times on the way back! Poor guy. Poor incredibly freakishly dedicated guy :) Very inspirational.

Other than that guys we pretty much eat and sleep when we are not training. Several hours rest feels like a short break... So for those that know how I eat, imagine that times two and you get the idea. I NEED ENERGY! FEED ME!! RAHHH!!! haha.

Speaking of that - it is dinner time. Forget this update stuff!
Laters

Carlo

No comments: